UK Work Opportunity for Systems Thinking Support
Northumberland County Council Public Health Team are seeking expressions of interest from individuals with experience of research and analysis using system thinking tools and approaches.
The Council is due to start a community conversation in one of our towns and the situation of concern is the strengthening of communities. This conversation will take place between the 15th March and the 15th April via online workshops, surveys and face to face subject to COVID-19 restrictions. We are asking the residents of this town.
- What a strong community means to them?
- What makes a community strong?
- If the community is strong what is the effect?
- What can organisations do to strengthen communities?
- What can residents themselves do to strengthen communities?
- If they had one idea of what would strengthen their community what would it be?
The information gathered during the community conversation will be used to shape an application to a national funder for 3 years funding to implement the ideas generated during the community conversation. The deadline for the completion of the application form is 25th May 2021.
As part of this application we will be required to:
- Submit a systems map
- Identify the planned points of intervention in the system of interest
- Further develop our theory of change
We are seeking support from an individual with extensive experience of systems thinking approaches such as Soft Systems Methodology, Strategic Options Development Analysis, developing attribute maps, systems map and causal maps.
The support is likely to include:
- Providing technical advice and support to the project manager and steering group.
- Using system thinking approaches to analyse the information generated during the community conversation
- Developing our systems map and options to intervene.
For an informal discussion please contact firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 14th March 2021.